In case you've forgotten, here's a quick description of the hour-long event:
E-books. Vooks. iPads. Technology is altering how we read and deliver literature. Co-sponsored by BackList, this timely panel, composed of local writers and publishing professionals, will explore and discuss the ever-changing face of publishing—and what it means to writers—as we move further into the digital era.I'm excited to announce the full list of panelists, which includes:
- Charisse Carney-Nunes, Award-Winning Children's Book Author (I Am Barack Obama) and Founder of Brand Nu Words (digital publishing)
- David Drager, Poet, Entrepreneur, Software Engineer, and Founder of Lit4.us
- Allissa Richardson, Knight Foundation’s Institute for Interactive Journalism Grant Recipient for cutting-edge mobile journalism (“MOJO”) lab at Morgan State University
- Myself, Rachel Stark, Freelance Editor and Editorial Assistant, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- and Moderator Felicia Pride, Professional Writer, Book Blogger for AOL, Publishers Weekly Contributor, and Founder of BackList, an organization that specializes in producing engaging and interactive content across platforms
I hope you'll join the audience in asking smart questions, enjoying with rapt attention, looking on in awe, or throwing vegetables from the back row. Bring your iPads, Nooks, Kindles, and more for what's going to be an awesome discussion!