This is today's Tuesday Muse (and every day's inspiration) for a number of reasons:
- Teens. They are so smart and inspiring, right?!
- I wish that at fifteen I'd had even a fraction of the feminist gusto this girl has. (Actually, I wish that at fifteen I'd even known I wanted to be a feminist; I hung out in the "Sure I believe in equality, but I wouldn't call myself a feminist" camp until college.)
- I think this girl is on to something: whenever you acknowledge a problem, be sure to also acknowledge those who work to fix it. That's a good practice for life in general.
- It's not true that you must be perfectly consistent in your beliefs. Feminism—in fact, everything (and yes, that means writing, too)—is not a rule book, but a discussion, a conversation, a process.
- Be unapologetically present, and unapologetically you. In your writing, in your reading, and in your life.